Chemicalism is a new word describing the subject of artificial chemical addiction in food and drink by humans and animals. defined in 2013 by Simon Kadwill-Kelly a recovering chemaholic! This true testimonial book about overcoming obesity is backed up by medical notes. Simon lost 22 kilos in six months made easy through a 12 step recovery solution.A change in attitude towards food with an open mind for new ideas is the first step.The main theme is about swapping to an 80% natural nutrition lifestyle. The other 20% is made up of low nutrition foods ( some people would term as junk food ) with artificial chemicals to avoid feelings of deprivation long term. Diabetes type II and terminal gangrene were two illness recovered from by Simon’s mum Valerie in 2014 which meant avoiding a life saving leg amputation.This is written in plain English with everyone to easy understand. Down to earth personalized, logical and slightly fun approach for long term well being, weight loss/adjustment with potential to save money on groceries. Each of the 12 steps cover the 12 elements in plain English starting with a light hearted illustration by Simon. Understanding triggers to chemicalism with different ways to overcome them is tackled in different ways as awareness grows throughout the plan. There are no negative references to brands, companies, religion, politics as this is all about a positive solution to improving health with simple lifestyle adjustments.No special equipment or gym membership is required. Except a low cost water purification unit which is also part of the money saving plan.The large 12 pitch print style makes it easier to read in the paperback format. Explaining Chemicalism and Chemaholics in different ways starts at the beginning of the book with a chatty explanation using a transcript of Simon talking live on LBC Radio London May 2015. Keeping a fun and serious theme throughout the book includes three quick quizzes with the answers in the back.Simon aims to engage all age groups suffering from obesity related un-wellness. Also incorporating a personal experience of what it is like to be diagnosed with Cancer. Simon does not have Cancer and this is not a Cancer recovery book. Simon spent many years whilst officially disabled searching for a solution to recover from a chronic spine condition of degenerated discs that caused acute lower back pain. This has been one of Simon’s biggest achievements. This is not a cook book. It does include one money saving main base meal recipe with many flavors to enjoy.In a nutshell it covers logically the 12 main steps needed for swapping to a healthier long term lifestyle reducing addictive artificial chemicals in foods and drinks to a low level that allows good health to shine through. Many people just are happy to save money and lose weight easily from an enjoyable recovery method based on lots of people having done the same.Overall there are many everyday subjects included in the 12 steps backed up with easy to understand facts. For example step 11 Resting detox and peaceful balance talks about the Australian Koala ( bear ) being the longest sleeping mammal, up to 22 hours per day and why ?